Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Field Experience Reflection

I completed 5 hours in classrooms ranging from 3rd grade to 5th grade.


I split my time evenly between math and reading lessons but to focus on readin,g my school system is really pushing for small group learning (literature circles) and I went and observe a 5th grade reading teacher perform literature circles in a two hour block. I really saw some designing and great planning of a lesson plan (teacher standard 2) and saw how much prep work literature circles take. The teacher I observed worked very well with classroom management as well (standard 4). 


I was able to grasp little things like making sure students choose their own readings because this will keep them engaged. Being prepared, creating questions, and group talks are essentials in creating a good, positive learning literature circle. Also, it is okay if not every "group" is reading the same novel. Each separate team can choose a book of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment